To create a classroom space where one can explore, create and experience innovations in pedagogical excellence. Image that space as signaling possibilities by simply observing and participating in the actions / interactions of those teaching and learning within the environment – both physical and virtual.
To answer the following questions, in a time of substantial change, globalization, and ubiquitous access to information
- What does it mean to teach well?
- What might teaching and learning look like?
- What environments support / foster changes in teaching & learning?
- To work with faculty, staff, students, and affiliates to provide appropriate tools and spaces to imagine and explore meaningful innovations and pedagogical practices
- To work with developers and innovators to incubate significant educational tools and learning environment
- To support faculty and students to obtain grants and other funding options to support and sustain their innovations
- To provide consultation and leadership in the Okanagan Valley and beyond to pedagogical excellence in a time of change and possibility (e.g. school districts, ministries, NGOs, etc.)
- Driven and nimble
- Supported by academics with a proven record of innovation and pedagogical excellence
- Networked to existing partnerships with ICT innovators / developers in the Okanagan Valley
- Networked with existing academic partnerships / affiliations with national and international universities